3/14/13

Volume 12: I've Been K-Popped

It happened. I became obsessed with K-Pop, and it only took about 2 weeks. That's record time. So let's get to it.

Why do I love K-pop?

I think this track answers the question.


T-ara - Roly Poly HD
What to say about this song? If you liked J-pop and a few Korean songs in the late 90s or early 2000s, you will love this. Everything about T-ARA embodies cuteness. Their dance moves are adorable, their singing is cute, and there is EVEN a Japanese version of this song for people like me, who love and understand Japanese. So happy!

I think what makes Roly Poly so danceable is the background beat, which has a sort of uncha, uncha, uncha, uncha, to it. You know what I mean? It's electronic at its best. But the hook is sooooooo such a good hook. I also like the "Mola....mola!" going on during the verses, although I have no idea what it means. Please give this song a try. You will not regret it if you like pop, and disregard the fact that it is in Korean, and yes. It is a masterpiece.

Uhhhhh, I can't get enough. This is definitely a song worth dancing to in the kicthen. Or bedroom. Or any room, really. I even chair dance to it at work.

Apparently it's old news, but I think you'll like it.

Worth watching?: YES.
Downloadable?: DOUBLE YES.

VIXX - On and On
Now for some men. Now, first of all, I do think this song is catchy and good. But what makes it awesome and necessary for your collection is the crazy attractiveness of some of these guys. They rival classically hot Asian musicians such as Junichi Yamamura and Gackt. Not to mention the lovely gentlemen from Dir en Grey. In any case they are HOT.

But anyway the song is also catchy as hell. I don't totally understand why, and I'm not a huge fan of the rapping either. I haven't downloaded this yet since hearing it over a week ago, but it seems like I might have to. There are some very, very catchy beats here. I am getting very involved with k-pop. I realize I'm late getting on the k-pop bus but what I can do. At least I'm sharing with you.

And it's also a welcome distraction considering how awful Eurovision 2013 is shaping up to be.

Worth watching?: HAWT.
Downloadable: PERHAPS.

Enjoy! Please share the k-pop love!

No comments:

Post a Comment