2/12/13

Volume 11: Just In Loveeeeeeee!

Well, good news tarts! Justin Timberlake finally released a single besides "Suit & Tie," from his new album the 20/20 experience. I'll be reviewing up one of those right this minute. On a different note, I find a song that is actually quite old (6 months-ish), which gives me a very soothing and tranquil feeling.

Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
This is amazing already, I can barely take the excitement. My first impression is that it is very catchy, in a Lovestoned kinda way. It's making me want to dance a little bit, even though the lyrics are not exactly clever. They may stick with me later. His voice really sounds different, I guess Justin is growing up a little bit. Well, it's clear that he's talented, and he always has been, but his sound is evolving into something more mature, and this song is good proof of that.

When the song changes a bit at 3:40, I do feel hesitant, it's not a melodic as I had hoped. There is a distinct feeling of love in this track, and pure happiness or bliss. It's so sweet because he just got married. Ahhh, yes, love is adorable. And now, toward the end of the song (5:20), it becomes instrumental, and this is what I love about Justin. No...wait, something weird is happening, a kind of rap thing with weird electronic sounds going on in the back. Song's not over yet.

Well it's getting a bit cheesy. Wait a second now, Justin...are you sure you want to be this cheesy? Ughhhh I can't say no to this, because I love it madcore. It's too late, I fell into the Justin trap. I do like what is happening at the end of the song, actually, and I think it will grow on me.

Worth watching?: No video yet. Give it a listen.
Downloadable?: I downloaded it after the first 12 seconds. I suggest you do that, too.

Note: second time through, I'm channelling "My Love."

Wynter Gordon - Stimela
Thanks to my new flirtatious feelings toward last.fm, I am gathering new music. Wynter Gordon is not really new, and in fact, a few of songs you have probably heard. And then you thought they were Rhianna. Well, this song is not like that. This song is different and amazing, and there is NAKEDNESS! Well, not totally but enough to make me interested.

First of all, I get an Enya or Enigma thing from this melody, which I love and throws me back in time to my more innocent music days. But secondly, and most importantly, she sings in a different language, which I presume is something from Africa. I seriously love it, and I feel like she must be so underrated for releasing this in the wake of crazier radio-friendly tracks.

Anyway, the video is beautiful, the meaning is valuable, and above all else, it is relaxing. There is so not enough relaxing music on the market these days (which isn't super adulterated).

Worth watching?: 100%.
Downloadable?: For those lazy mornings and after work yoga.

Enjoy, darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment