1/9/13

Volume 9: Happy Crazy Party!

Today at Gimme Pop Tart, we're looking at two freaky crazy funky tunes from my favorite land, Asia!

We have a very teen poppy but dark thing from Japan, and a hilarious epic track which has 90s pop flavor from Korea. Both are number one on youtube this week!

Momoiro Clover Z - サラバ、愛しき悲しみたちよ
Ah ha, diggy diggy! Oh oh! Gooey, gooey.

Ok, that sums that up.

Anyway, this is you typical j-pop crazy shitty funny crap that I love. The girls are super famous, and there are madly young and super advanced in their fame. Oh well, it usually happens in Japan after all. I really love the bridges in the song, but I don't love the first chorus. The second chorus is much better in fact, yes, much catchier. I may learn the lyrics to this. (DID YOU KNOW? Miss Pop Tart speaks Japanese)! I listened to this song last week and didn't love it, but now that it's number one on the J-pop top 40, I thought it deserved a second listen. The MV is also really cute.

Momoiro Clover girls: "One, two, sree, for'n'fayb, stand up and make some noise!"
Me: Okay! OKAY!!!

There's something adorable about the aggression of teenage Japanese girls. I absolutely adore this song. I'm gonna go download it right now.

Worth watching?: Yes, the video is unique & cute, methinks.
Downloadable?: If it sticks to you after a week, it will never go away.

I Got a Boy - Artist Girls' Generation
I'm in the first minute and still speechless. WTF IS THIS. It is so visually pleasing but the music makes no sense. It's reminiscent of Beyonce's "Girls Run the World." The beat changes so much and the lack of clear melody is soooo rando. This is the number one song? How?

It may get better, so I'm hanging in there. It does have dance-ability in the form of famenco, dance beats, and sing-alonginess. I guess I can see the song being played at clubs and tons of hot Korean girls going wild. Sounds like a happy crazy party! "I got a boy, mochi. I got a boy, chicken."

In the words of a reputable posting source, MadameLoveyDovey, "I really don't like this. I even saw a teaser for it and thought it might be pretty cool. I think they are trying too hard, plus the song is really jumbled; it has no flow."

I think I agree.

Worth watching?: EYE CANDY!!!! Completely pop tarty.
Downloadable?: I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment